While traditional security systems have recorded data internally, the improvements in network coverage and communications tech now make cloud recording a valid choice for most Australian businesses and organisations. So why consider a cloud recording security camera or system? And how can you be confident you’re choosing the right one? Let’s dive into the details.
What are the pros and cons of cloud recording cameras?
There are a number of advantages to using cloud storage for your security system and here are five of the most significant ones for a business or organisation:
- Vandals have no way of damaging data storage
Local data storage has long been a target for vandals and intruders – especially if the system has recorded their identity! With a Spectur cloud recording system, data is immediately transmitted to our secure cloud server off site. Your business instantly has a reliable record of events, and intruders have less incentive to attack the camera itself.
- It’s easy to access data when and as you need it
Although not all cloud recording systems offer the ability to access data both in hindsight and in real time, with Spectur this is a given. Designated users can use their phone or computer to pull up either live or historical data up to 6 months old. That’s really convenient whether you’re checking the weather onsite, monitoring the progress of a project or reviewing a safety or theft incident.
- No cables are needed
While some cloud recording security cameras still require power cabling, Spectur’s solutions are entirely solar and battery powered and can run for up to four days without sunlight. Each camera’s onboard 3G/4G modem transmits data reliably as long as it has reception. This means this type of system is ideal for setting up on remote sites, or on larger perimeters without the cost or inconvenience of trenching or cabling.
- You won’t need to worry about accidental wiping or damage
Ever deployed a traditional surveillance system and felt unsure about whether it’s recording correctly? With the right cloud recording system you can have complete peace of mind. We can adjust settings remotely and maintain a secure record of your data on our Australian servers. We store data on a 6-month basis as standard, and can store for longer to suit your needs.
- Cloud recording can be very cost effective
Forget expensive hard drives and costly cloud services – these days there’s no need for your business to be spending a fortune on security data storage. Within SpecturCare we include access to our 24/7 monitoring service, cloud storage, cyber security, updates and more. You don’t need to even think about storage costs, because it’s all included.
While there can be some potential downsides to cloud recording with a security camera, these concerns can largely be eliminated by working with the right provider:
- Data could be lost: A reputable provider and well-designed products will ensure optimal uptime and reliable, long-term data recording. Spectur systems also store data on edge, so if there is a delay or interruption in internet access, no data is lost. When reconnected, the data is straight onto the cloud.
- Data could be stored outside of Australia: This is important for many organisations including healthcare providers, so choosing a provider with secure local storage is an important step. Spectur is the only provider that can guarantee where your data is going, because we write our own software.
- Network interruptions could cause issues:
Here’s where your provider can help to ensure a smooth service. At Spectur we have telemetry built into our software to reflect signal strength and upload and download speeds. We also optimise our hardware antennae and modems to suit your situations.
You can explore common questions about Spectur cloud recording security and sensing systems, or contact us today to speak about a solution to suit your organisation’s needs.